Thursday, October 16, 2008

made it!

WE MADE IT. Thanks to everyone who helped us get here. It's a little harder getting your whole life packed up in a big truck and moving to another state than the 15 to 20 minute moves across town that we're used to. It's taken me a good two weeks to feel functional again! Thus, the blogging sabbatical! I haven't even had my camera out for any of it, so sorry no pictures on this one.

** We celebrated Coles birthday on the Sunday after we got here. The poor kid, i felt like a neglectful parent, his birthday got a little overlooked this year because it was in the middle of the whole moving mess. Thanks to Ryan and Jocelyn, he actually got to open a present ON his birthday. Mom and dads presents came later.

** Cole loves hanging out with all his cousins. I watched Cole and Ethan walking back and forth between Grandpa's house and the Tomlinson's today and making a fort in Ethan's backyard and just hanging out playing silly video games and I love it!

** I love that everybody just looks out for each other here! Now i know what the term "it takes a town to raise a child" really means. I really feel it here!

** I asked Rylee tonight if she likes living here, she giggled and mumbled yes as she ran off with Peyton. She is quite happy being Allie Bell and Peyton's little shadow. Allie and Peyt are her cute little 8 year old cousins. She loves following them around doing all the girly things they do!

** I'm loving my new job. it's been really fun and entertaining working with Christy and Ben. It's inspiring me to pick up scrap booking again just seeing all the cute supplies pass through my hands everyday! Here's a link to check out all the cute kits at Scarlet Lime. Christy is an incredibly talented girl!

** I decided it was time for a new look so I went short and DARK. Had to find a new hair stylist, the joys of moving! Kinda scary cause ya never know what your gonna get the first time. I think i like her though. It's actually been fun to be short again, the big messy bun was getting old.

** TOTALLY sucks that BYU lost to TCU tonight! Losing after a 16 game winning streak really stinks! blah!

** Thank you mom and dad Campbell for letting us hang out in your basement for awhile!

** We're all getting really fat cause Grandma Campbell likes to cook really good food!

** Really missing all my Utah friends and family! xoxoxo

6 comments:

April said...

So glad to hear that you made it there safe, and that things are going well. I am sure that you are already settled and have decorated and everything, you are amazing. We miss you tons, let us know when you are back in Utah...maybe we can all get together!!

Marissa said...

Thanks for the update. I was wondering about you!

jeff and char said...

so you moved, sounds like fun, do you remember holly price from school? she married jeffs cousin, she is the one who made the cute mummie wraps, she used a toothpick and food coloring for the eyes, she said to tell you hi she is going to check your blog! good luck unpacking!

Darrington Family said...

JAYLA!!! Hi, it's me, Holly Price Darrington...the one who married Jeff's cousin. :0) (And so glad I did! HOW ARE YOU?? Looks like you are doing well. I love your blog! Your kids are BEAUTIFUL! I can totally see you in Rylee. Where did you move to? Char told me, but I can't remember. The eyes on the mummy dogs ... I just dipped a toothpick in blue food coloring! I'm so glad you have a blog...now mabey we can keep in touch.

Kristen Levandusky said...

Oh my goodness! It's my grand-pappy's!!! I can't believe you found me on this blogging world, but I'm ever so glad you did! Crazy that you guys moved by Christy and Ben- I haven't seen her in ages either. Hopefully this move will help bring you guys to Boise more often. If so, we NEED to get all of us together. I loved looking at the pictures of your cute family... seriously adorable!

Amanda Latimer said...

So glad to hear that the move went well. Looking at your blog just made my heart sad. We miss you so much, didn't really know how much until you were gone. Keep in touch. Jared is building some dirt jumps in the back yard so give us a call and we will drop what ever to hang out. love ya!! the Latimer's