Saturday, May 31, 2008

A typical summer day at our house







Today we played in the backyard all day. Neighborhood kids streaming in and out playing in the water and asking for popsicles . The sprinkler is going under the trampoline and the kiddie pool is full and all the kids seem to take a turn swinging the hose around making everybody around them angry because their getting them wet (isn't that what were all here for anyway!) I'm sitting at the patio table with my glass of lemonade and my camera breaking up the occasional fights here and there. Around 5:30 pm just as I tell my kids its time to come inside and get some clothes on and get ready for dinner we hear the ice cream truck come strolling into the neighborhood. Awesome, just in time for dinner! :o) The kids go running up the street before I can even dispute the action. So i dig out some change from Mr. Piggy and walk up the street behind them. How can i turn them down now? They realize once they get up there, and before they realize that I'm walking behind them, that they might need some money. So they turn around and come running back and find me with a handful of change. Popsicles for everyone to spoil all their dinners. Then, I get talking with all the moms, the kids keep playing with all their friends and then we don't make it back into the house until 8:30pm. just in time for dinner, baths and FINALLY BEDTIME! aaahh!

1 comment:

Campbell Family said...

How fun!!! We miss you guys too! I hope you are surviving without Cody!