Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The effects of raising kids with DVR

My kids have become pretty good about knowing what button pauses the cartoon they are watching when they need to go potty or knowing which button fast forwards the commercials so they can get to the good stuff. Something we didn't have back when we were watching little house on the prairie and the brady bunch.

So we were watching General Conference on tv this weekend. Sunday morning we really made a point to try and have the kids sit with us as long as their little bodies could handle it. I printed off some little conference related activities to keep them busy as we did. Cole was working on this coloring sheet that had pictures of those men speaking with a tie next to it. He was supposed find the picture of the speaker and color his tie the way it looked on tv. So the first speaker came on and he was pretty excited. He colored it the way it was, took him all of 2 minutes and then he says "k, i got this guy now can we fast forward it to the next one" Cody and I fell on the floor laughing. hmmm...this kinda defeated our point. We both agreed that that's what we get for having a DVR, our kids don't know any different! Wow how things change!

1 comment:

Eyelashes by Brandy said...

We were just talking about this the other day! Yeah, things are different now... it even effects me... when I'm driving I always push the mute button on the radio thinking I am pausing it cuz my kids are singing too loud, or try to rewind it if I missed something, but the worst is that sometimes if I'm not driving or something and I start to read a billboard (for example) well, if I don't read it before we pass it, I'm always like "wait, go back" and I even REACH for the remote to rewind MY LIFE! wish I could, sometimes the kids say the funniest things and I'd be rewinding all the time just to giggle some more!
Love ya Jay!